Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I Made Cookies. Be Jealous.

Hello there my darlings! I got out of work a wee bit early today, so guess what I got to do? Nap! And exercise! Woohoo! :) I feel so great when I get to work out, I should really be more consistent. Tips, anyone, for staying motivated?

Anywho, I know I promised a baking post today, so here ya go! Now no-bakes have been a staple in my family for a long time. My great grandmother made them for me when I was a kid, my grandmother made them every time I came to visit when I was young, my mom  made them because she looooves peanut butter (don't we all?), and I make them because they're probably my favorite cookie in the entire world! This recipe is big secret (I like to think it's a big secret) so be sure to write this down!

4 Cups white sugar
6 Tablespoons cocoa
1 Cup milk
11 Tablespoons butter
1/4 Teaspoon salt
4 Cups quick oats
3 Cups peanut butter
1 Teaspoon vanilla

Combine sugar, cocoa, milk, butter and salt in pan. Place over heat. Bring to a hard boil for THREE MINUTES. This part is important. Any longer and they won't set up properly, any less and they'll be dry and crumbly. Time it! Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until peanut butter is well combined. Add oats. Drop onto wax paper, or paper grocery bag. Let set until cool.


 Sugar mixture in pan


Oats!


THAT is a hard boil, folks.


Settling cookies, I like mine big.

Mmmm! Look at that yummy goodness!


Don't you wish you were here? Well, if you're in town on Thursday you can buy some at the bake sale! Or just make your own at home. :) I only work the morning again tomorrow, so I might do some sewing, depending on how motivated I am. Send some positive energy my way and maybe I'll get there.

What are you guys up to on this hump day? Any fun and exciting projects?


Much love always!

No comments: