Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Movie Review: The Lego Movie

Hi there you guys! Remember that super glued thumb I was talking about? Well that (plus the inherent laziness that comes with the rainy weather) has hampered my sewing abilities- so no sewing post today! Instead I thought I'd give ya another little movie review!



I don't know about you, but I am ALLLLL about kid's movies. Like, seriously, that is my bizness! :) I was super amped when I saw The Lego Movie had hit theaters, but never got the opportunity to go see it. You can bet your bottom dollar that I rented it the moment it was released and I was so so pleased. Our story gets started with our little Lego man hero, Emmett. Emmett and the rest of his Lego counterparts have been brainwashed into total 'normalcy' by our villain, Lord Business. Emmett is jarred from his ordinary, construction worker life by a group of 'Master Builders' who believe that he is the hero they've been searching for to overthrow Lord Business' evil plan to take over the entire Lego world! Emmett, Wyldstyle, Virtuvius and numerous other master builders (we meet Batman, Wonderwoman and countless others along the way) take us on a non stop adventure through the Lego worlds in their attempt to thwart Lord Business' evil plan. Emmett's story sends a fantastic message about loving and believing in yourself and embracing what makes you special. I loved this movie, and it's definitely one to add your collection- for your internal 9 year old, or your actual 9 year old. :)

I hope everyone is having a great week! I see lots of views on my posts and whatnot- feel free to comment with any thoughts you might have! It's always nice to hear from you guys! And I promise I'll be back with a sewing post soon. What have you guys been up to this week?


Much love always!

No comments: