Monday, June 23, 2014

A Dress Refashion? Don't Mind If I Do!

Hi guys! Here I am again!
It's been a bit of a lazy day. I just got back from vacation on Saturday! A little more tan, definitely tired, but sooo much fun. Now the unpacking... Gag me with a spoon!

So about the dress! I procrastinated working on it until mid-afternoon-ish (procrastination is probably one of my top ten talents). I started with cutting the bottom to bring the hem up about 4-5 inches.


A little tip- when sewing rounded edges like this, cutting little notches on the edge of the fabric every few inches really helps with keeping everything the right length and preventing the fabric from looking all... bunch-y. :)

My least favorite part- pinning the hem! Ugh! It takes me forever. (Help, anyone?)


Sleeves are cut off, everything is all pinned and ready to be sewn!

                                                          (Ignore my fat arms. *Sigh*)

So much better! The sleeves need to be finished and I haven't touched the neckline, but I'm already super excited to see the finished product! :)

I also started pinning up a denim jacket I got from Wal-mart a couple years ago- two projects at once! This will be a first, working on multiple items at the same time. I'll be sure to post about the jacket, too! Check back soon!


Much love always!

No comments: