Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Triumphant Return! Plus: A Dress Refashion Preview

Well hello! You thought I was dead, didn't you?
 Just kidding. You probably just thought that I had forsaken my dear little blog! Well, I did. But no more! Truth be told, I MISS blogging. I miss sending little tidbits of sweetness out into cyberspace and hoping it reaches someone's heart. So I'm back! To hopefully pick up where I left off and maybe move in a new direction. :)

 And on that note... Some sewing!

 

 I found this funky little dress at Goodwill and bought it on a whim, hoping to try my hand a little refashioning. I've been on a serious alterations kick for the last month or so here- darts, re-sizing, hemming, etc. I think I paid $4.50 for this dress, so IF it doesn't turn out there's no love lost. I liked the general shape of the dress (fit and flare + A-line?), the cutesy retro print and, of course, the pockets! I definitely want to change the neckline, the sleeves and the length. I'm thinking maybe lose the sleeves and make it a tank dress so it's easy to layer in the winter time, as well as enjoying it during these scalding summer months we have here in Wisconsin. ;)
 Work on the dress begins tomorrow! Stay tuned for what's sure to be a remarkable transformation... hopefully. :)
 p.s. A lot of my older blog posts are kind of all over the place, not really relevant or just plain silly. I thought about deleting them, but decided against it because they sort of document the progression of this blog. Let me know what you think!

No comments: