Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Little Something About My Weekend. Plus, Some Makeup Stuff

Why, hello there! I know, I'm sorry I abandoned you this weekend. I was busy working my tail off, I assure you! Super busy at work with some girl's softball tournament in town and terrifically terrible tippers (alliteration, hooray!). Just kidding, only some of them tipped poorly. Regardless, I have a cool story for you all!

So Friday was pretty much incredibly awful. I had two tables with large-ish bills that didn't tip me, and most everyone who DID tip me, did a pretty poor job of it (most of them were under 10%). Gag. Anyway, I had a table of two teenagers over dinner. Both ordered steaks, plus an appetizer to take home and sodas- grand total, around $50 (I know that may not seem like much, but considering I did about $640 in sales that day, that's around 8% of my sales). We had a great thing going, these two kids and I. They appreciated my sound effects and the fact that I made sure the kitchen was very careful with their steak (the young man had a sever food allergy). So when they left no tip on the table I was flabbergasted. And irritated. I KNOW I gave great service, we had a great rapport, they told me several times how great the food was, so what was the deal? Of course, I whined about it for the rest of the night and on into the early morning hours. Oh well, tough luck, it happens.

THE NEXT DAY. I come into work for my evening shift, ready to make this night better than the last. About an hour into my shift this is dropped off at the hostess stand for me...



Enclosed was a ten dollar bill. And I was completely blown away. I mean, people stiff servers tips all the time. Mostly because they don't care. But this guy did. He totally cared. He cared enough to apologize, and write this lovely note and drive it to our restaurant and throw some cash in for good measure. Who does things like that anymore?! I was more than a little touched and it certainly made my weekend. My faith in humanity is restored, at least temporarily. Until someone forgets to tip me again. Haha! Just kidding! Not really. Please tip your server. At least 15%. This is our paycheck. That is all.

And in other news! If you know me at all, you know that I am a makeup junkie! More specifically, a mascara junkie. I'm constantly buying mascara, just waiting to find that one tube of glorious black goop that will give me Kardashian-esque lashes without all that glue and falsies nonsense. So my internet trolling led me to Sephora.com. Where you can, in fact, purchase mini versions of certain products and give them a go! I figured this might be my opportunity to try something I've been wanting to try for quite some time (if only to see what all the hype is about).


Mmmm, mascara. Benefit They're Real! mascara has been on my must-try list for forever! I've read countless reviews and most of what I've read has been positive, but I just have to find out for myself. I ordered my happy little .14 oz version today (plus 3 free samples you get to pick when you check out- how cool is that?!), so sometime late this week I'll have my first makeup review! Eek! How exciting! :)

So what are you guys up to this week? I actually don't close this Saturday or Sunday, so hopefully I can get some stuff up for you guys on what I'm working on right now (hint: it's a gift, from myself, to myself). Ta ta for now! Happy Tuesday!


Much love always!

No comments: