Friday, March 5, 2010

Peanut Butter Delight (a.k.a--NO BAKESS!!!)

I had to post this, because Leah (bless her heart)(lolz) has tried about four-million No-Bake recipes.

This is the one we always use when we make them. Enjoy! : )

4 Cups Sugar
6 Tablespoons of Cocoa
3/4 Cup of Butter, minus one tablespoon (wierd, i know but thats what it calls for)
1 Cup Milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Cups of Peanut Butter
4 Cups of Oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

Mix Sugar, cocoa, butter, milk and salt in saucepan. Place over heat. Bring to a hard boil. Boil for three minutes (use timer!! I usually mess that part up a little). Remove from heat. Add peanut butter, oats and vanilla. Blend well until mixture thickens. Drop byt teaspoonful (in any size you desire) onto wax paper and let cool. Or enjoy warm. They're really good warm.

Okay, so i won't say much about this recipe, but i think i should say a couple things...Just because--you know--I'm such a great experienced cook and all. : )

1) The MOST HELPFUL THING I COULD POSSIBLY SAY ABOUT THIS RECIPE IS to measure the peanut butter out before you even take another ingredient out of the cabinet. It's sucha a pain trying to measure out 3 cups of peanut butter while your chocolate mixture is just sitting there, thickening up.
2) Time the boil!! The past few times I've made these I've used the kitchen timer on our microwave. Boil too long- they're dry and crumbly, Boil not long enough-they won't set up.
3) You're going to need a big HUGE bowl . PUt the oats in while your mixture is thickening, because when you add all that other stuff, it just gets bigger, and bigger......

I should also say that this is a big recipe, it can make up to eighty medium-sized cookies depending on what your standard is for "acceptable-cookie-size". : )

I hope this is helpful!!! I may try my hand today at making a batch--we'll see-- right now I don't feel too great.
Have fun!! : )

2 comments:

Redhead Mama said...

This is almost like my recipe except everything is doubled here... I guess I am learning that practice makes perfect, so I am going to make more today too! : )

Unknown said...

theres also a lot more peanut butter and a lot less cocoa.... : )