Saturday, November 17, 2007

i would like tp post a quote from one of my favorite books

ok--so the book is called The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty, published by Arthur A. Levine books, an Imprint of Scholastic Inc. in the year 2000.

(for those of you are to dense to figure this out ((i.e. Joe)) i am trying to not get arrested for putting this out there)

"I am a fish.
You wouldn't think so to look at me, what with the uniform, and the hair on top of my head and all that?
But it's true, I'm a fish.' . . .

then the reply from her pen pal:

"It's great that you're a fish, because I'm a heron of the kind that flies around the sky and then swoops down to the ocean and screws your brains out. (i hope none of you think that is any part of my vocabulary)

You thought I was going to say I was the kind of heron that swoops down and eats you, didn't you?

I was, but I thought that might be offensive."

then her reply:

"In one letter only you have blown my cover. You are right. I am no fish.

Bravo, my friend, bravo."

so---idk about the rest of you , but i find that both offensive yet amusing at the same time
honestly--who preetends to be a fish?? well, obviously, this girl does, but seriously --who want s to be a fish?? i, for my part, would not want to be a fish, because a fish smells bad, and als o taste bad and noone likes fish anyway, which is maybe this girl was trying to get at????
newayz . . .. .

No comments: