Monday, March 22, 2010

Devotions

So last night I was reading in Ruth, just the first chapter. As I said before (or at least i think i did) I'm reading my way through the old testament. And you know--the stories of Ruth and Esther are sort of beat up by the world of christian women, because, well--they're the only two books about WOMEN. But when you read it for yourself it sort of sheds a whole new light on their stories. : )

Just thought I would share that.

And I should also share how freaked out I am about accompanying the Johnson/Franklin family next week..... : 0
scary......

1 comment:

Redhead Mama said...

The problem is more that we are not much to accompany... you are doing great, dear!

BTW do you have a study bible? It is really helpful when studying Ruth and Esther because you find out more about the customs of the times and such. Or get a commentary. It makes things that seem insignificant in the book super important. AND try to put yourself in their shoes- they were still just normal women with great qualities.